Since March 2020 we’ve dealt with a lot of change as an entire society. From the beginning of the pandemic we’ve had one goal as a school- provide children with an excellent Montessori education while maintaining the highest level of health and safety for the students, faculty, and staff. As both a licensed school and child care facility, CMSLN will follow guidance models from DHHS, DCDEE, and the CDC. Additional health and safety procedures are subject to change and can be modified at the discretion of the administration at any time.
For more information about our school policies and practices, state and local regulations, and more, please see below.
Basics of the day to day environment:
- Temperature checks daily for all students
- All faculty and staff will be masked
- All students aged 5 and older are required to wear a mask per local mandate (August, 2021)
- Individualized workspaces for students to encourage social distancing
- Additional classroom cleaning and sanitizing
- Increased hand hygiene inside the classroom
- No outside adults allowed in the building
We are also having the facilities professionally fogged weekly through San-It-Wise, a professional cleaning company.