Purpose & Identity
"You are the Light of world- a city on a hill, glowing in the night for all to see... Let your light so shine for all to see your good deeds and give honor and glory to your Heavenly Father." Matthew 5;14-17
It is our mission to provide a Montessori education that celebrates the individual gifts of each child, to nurture a passion for learning biblical principles, and to equip for academic excellence and Christian discipleship.
A treasured song in our community is "This Little Light of Mine." In this song we are encouraged to let our individual "spiritual" lights shine in order to show the love of God to others through His Son, Jesus Christ. The Light House is a symbol of the guidance, hope, assistance and vision in a world of danger, risk, adversity and challenge. A light shining from the top of a Lighthouse guides ships so they do not crash on the rocky shores of life. Jesus is the "Lighthouse" and the ships are people like you and me. Our prayer is that the children will not only grow and mature in physical wisdom and stature but also in the admonition of God; capable of making an eternal impact on others and our world.
- We are family
- We are rooted in tradition
- We are a strong community
- We are dedicated professionals
- We are true Montessorians
- We are unique among educators
- We are leaders
- We are spiritually grounded
- We are ambassadors of peace
- We are caretakers of the earth
- We are culturally diverse
- We are a source of community outreach
- We inspire academic excellence
- We prepare children for life
- We are a teaching school
- We are committed to naturally and ultimately meeting the needs of the child and family...
We are the Christian Montessori School of Lake Norman!
- Christ Centeredness
- Teacher-Servant Leadership
- Respect for the Child as Maestros of their Learning
- Beautiful and Resourceful Classrooms
- Individualized Instruction
- Hands-On Learning
- Explorative Learning
- Mastery vs Rote-Learning
- Character Building
- Partnership with Parents as Primary Educators (In societatem parens educationis)
- Land-Based Learning
- Collaborative Learning
- Technology Smart Classrooms; Biblical Integration.