Thank you for your interest in the Christian Montessori School of Lake Norman. We are seeking individuals who have a love of teaching and a passion for sharing the love of Jesus Christ! We are looking for Assistant Teachers who are adaptable, caring, and team-oriented.
CMSLN offers full and part-time positions and our full-time compensation package includes employee contribution benefits such as health, dental, and vision, PTO, 401k, a competitive rate of pay, and on-going professional development. The Assistant Teacher role is a great opportunity to learn more about Montessori and possible career advancement. Many of our Assistant Teachers take advantage of our career advancement program by obtaining their Montessori Certification and becoming Lead Teachers.
- H.S. Diploma
- NC Teaching Credential I and II ( preferred but not required)
- Valid N.C. Early Childhood and CRC ( Criminal Record Check) Qualification Letter
We are always in need of caring and flexible substitute teachers to join our community! This position will serve multiple mixed-age classrooms (ages 6 weeks- 6 years). No formal Montessori training is required; however training will be provided during orientation and on-going throughout the school year. This is an on-call position. Hours for this position and days worked vary based on the needs of the school. Substitutes must meet all guidelines as outlined for teachers to meet the required licensing regulations.
Head of School - please use this link for information.
CMSLN’s next Head of School will:
- be a passionate and professional educator who will support the school’s educational philosophy and will ensure that the school’s mission, vision, and goals are effectively implemented
- be ultimately responsible for all administrative decisions at the school involving staffing, health and safety, finances, student services, day-to-day operations, etc.
- work with the leadership team to support the growth and continuous improvement of the school
- facilitate strategic and long-term planning in conjunction with the Board of Directors
- work with members of the leadership team to strengthen key metrics and processes at the school including admissions, marketing, and fundraising
Competitive total benefits and compensation package commensurate with experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in education-related field
- 2+ years of experience as a school administrator (head of school, director of operations, program director, principal, vice principal, etc.)
- Strong leadership, excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with developing strategic plans for growth
- Experience with fundraising planning and implementation
- Passion for Montessori pedagogy and Christian education
- Classroom teaching experience in early education
- AMS certification
Interested candidates should submit:
- A cover letter explaining their interest and qualifications
- A resume
- A list of 3-5 references
Application review will begin on October 1, 2021 until the position is filled.
Part-Time Assistant Teacher
We are currently seeking a highly motivated and responsible Part-Time, 12:00 pm-6:00 pm Assistant Teacher. This position does not carry benefits. The assistant teacher supports the lead teacher in the planning, execution and evaluation of the educational programs offered at CMSLN. Assistants are responsible for the prepared environment as directed by the Lead and assists in the planning and preparation of curriculum as directed by attending pre-service, in-service, daily, weekly and monthly staff meetings.
Please note: To be hired for a position at CMSLN all applicants must have a qualifying Criminal Background Check Letter. To complete background check CLICK HERE